Our client, a fast growing multi branch company in the furniture component trading and manufacturing sector desires for immediate employment a highly intelligent, and dynamic professional for the position of Operations Manager.
JOB TITLE: OPERATIONS MANAGER
The operations manager will be in charge of directing the company’s daily activities for the benefit of all stakeholders. This requires organizing and synchronizing the activities of various managers and departments within the company and making sure the schedules, meetings and goals of each department work in harmony.
Department: Operations and Procurement
Reports to: Managing Director
Overall Purpose of Job: Ensures smooth running of company operations including the factory, warehouse and branches.
Interacts with all the departments in the company.
Relates with banks, customers, suppliers, government agencies and contractors
Responsibilities and Accountability:
Product and Supplier
- Monitors business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for company
- Monitors and manages progress of orders and reports to team and MD.
- Monitor businesses and agencies to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits.
Communications and Conflict Resolution
- Quick assessment of the effects of changing circumstances
- Developing coping strategies that influence the positive contributions of various departments
- Spotting conflicts early on and resolving them to the satisfaction of all involved parties.
- The ability to quickly and independently process ideas and implement changes
Planning and Scheduling Skills
- Proactively planning and scheduling projects is an integral part of this job role.
- Interacting with a myriad of outside agencies and organizations
- Making sure the company’s key personnel are available as needed.
- Simultaneously arranging multiple projects
- Effective time management
- Meeting with and ironing out details with numerous outside contractors, service providers, vendors and regulatory authorities
- The ability to relate with other team members and understand that their position
- Strong emotional Intelligence
- Ability to grow and nurture team members to achieve organizational goals
- Active listening skills
- Proficient in commonly used software applications like Microsoft Office and Google drive.
- Adept at planning schedules utilizing computer spreadsheet and calendar software
Special Features of Job Holder
- The job holder must have a good first degree in a numeric discipline with at least 5 years varied experience in a trading or manufacturing company.
- A professional qualification, or MBA as well as some consulting experience will be an advantage.
- The ideal candidate will have a high level of integrity and be extremely hardworking.
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to thrive under pressure
- Must be a people person (must have people management Skills)
- Possess strong analytical skills.
- Be extremely detail and result oriented.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be willing to travel.
Interested candidates should send their CV with this JOB TITLE as the SUBJECT to email@example.com