Our Client we a fast growing multi branch company in the furniture component trading and manufacturing sector. They offer the widest range of decors & colours in the country. Included in their services are production of 3D design rendering and material optimization. In addition, they offer smart space solutions and innovative storage options to maximize efficiency in your living and work spaces. They are efficient in delivery and reliable with great customer experience and service. They seek the services of an Internal Auditor.
Reports to: Managing Director
Overall Purpose of Job: Assess the overall efficiency and reliability of an organization’s internal control mechanisms
Interacts with all the departments in the company
Relates with banks, customers, suppliers, government agency and contractors
JOB TITLE: INTERNAL AUDITOR
Protects assets of the company, ensures compliance with internal procedures, and maintains knowledge of federal and local regulations.
- Ensures a company or organisation complies with internal regulations and established control protocol
- Examines documentation, including reports, statements, records, and memos to gather information
- Reconciles documentation with actual inventory or assets to ascertain accuracy in all branches.
- Completes standard paperwork and questionnaires to confirm internal controls
- Participates in meetings with individuals and departments to update auditees on findings and the audit process
- Prepares reports and preserves documentation pertaining to audits for internal record
- Presents summarised findings concerning audit results and trends for internal groups
- Analyses audit results to determine methods for increasing profits and decreasing unnecessary costs
- Makes recommendations for the best ways for a company to avoid fraud and reduce waste
- Assesses best financial practices for an organisation and makes relevant, informed suggestions
- Develops a procedure for auditing that suits our business operations.
- May work extra hours during busy audit seasons or to meet certain milestone
- Proficient in commonly software applications like Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Able to electronically communicate internally and externally using public and private email and messaging programs
- Adept at planning schedules utilizing computer spreadsheet and calendar software
Special Features of Job Holder
- Must have a degree in Accounting. ICAN, ACA and ACCA will be of added advantage.
- Must have at least Four years varied experience in a trading or manufacturing company.
- Must have a strong knowledge of inventory Management
- Must have a strong knowledge of Quality Assurance
- Must be honest and hardworking.
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to thrive under pressure
- Must have good numerate and analytical skills, high standards in documents and strong attention to details.
- Must be result oriented.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be willing to travel
Interested candidates should send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with INTERNAL AUDITOR as subject of mail.