A Highbrow Residential Estate on the Lekki Peninsula axis Lekki Express Way Lagos consisting of over 300 mansions with world-class communal infrastructure seeks to hire a full-time Facilities Manager.
This role is for a candidate with Facility management and Civil Engineering knowledge responsible for ensuring building standards and codes are met while maintaining efficient operation and upkeep of the estate security, ongoing building projects and common community infrastructure i.e. water treatment plant, community recreation center, street lights, access road and estate parks and grounds.
Reporting To: Estate Executive Council
Essentials job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise and coordinate all facility management operations and civil engineering projects
- Prepare and monitor preventive maintenance schedule for all estate facilities and assets
- Direct and ensure completion of daily work assignments
- Liaise with and ensure availability of services from external utility suppliers such as Power, Communication etc.
- Oversee Security management activities within the estate and ensure adequate security is provided within the estate.
- Oversee maintenance supervisors/technicians and groundskeepers.
- Oversee new building plan approvals with relevant committee ensuring designs comply with estate guidelines and Government/Standard Building codes
- Ensure buildings and other facilities comply with statutory and estate rules and guidelines
- Supervise new and ongoing construction works
- Review bids and make recommendations on contracts awards relating to repairs or maintenance of estate facilities
- Respond to incidents and emergencies where necessary
- Create and manage work order requests.
- Ensure all work order or turn requests are completed timely and to laid down quality and service standards.
- Maintain inventory and supplies.
- Ensure community grounds are clean and free of debris
- Handle emergency service calls.
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly reports to residents and attends monthly meetings with residents.
- Ensure compliance with employment and laws regulations
- Perform any other duties assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university in Civil and or Facilities Management, Facilities Engineering or related qualification such as project management, business management or construction management
- Minimum of Five (10) years relevant experience working in a facility management role for multinational organisations, comparative residential estate or an equivalent experience.
- Ability to organise and also possess good time management skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of strong negotiating skills and emotional intelligence
- Must have flexibility in working hours, including on-call availability and the willingness to work during holidays.
- Advantageous Certifications and Licenses:
- Certified Facility Manager (CFM) or equivalent training
- HSE Certification or equivalent training in Safety.
- Evidence of Understanding/Training on Emotional Intelligence
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal communication skills, including a proven ability to maintain constructive relationships with residents colleagues and partners, both in-person and virtually.
- Ability to be adaptable, results-oriented, and positive in a changing work environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must have a positive attitude with high energy.
- Must be able to cope with high-stress environments
Interested candidates should send their CV with this JOB TITLE as the SUBJECT to firstname.lastname@example.org